[glue-wg] OGF35 GLUE WG summary

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 10:56:13 EDT 2012

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On
> Behalf Of JP Navarro said:
> LDAP Rendering
> ==============
> Extensively discussed whether to publish a DIT or not. Universal
> agreement that we should not mandate a DIT. We will discuss in a future
> teleconference the pros and cons and decide whether to publish. Note
> that if we publish the DIT could be an implementor experience document.

To add to what I said - I don't see it as an either/or, but a question of how much to specify. The previous version of the document does discuss the DIT, but in general what it gives are indicative guidelines for implementations, not rules, and it doesn't specify what I regard as implementation details like the existence of resource BDIIs.

  As a more general point, I don't think that any of the GLUE documentation describes an information system as a whole - i.e. it defines the format in which information should be published, but it doesn't say *what* should be published or what the information transport and aggregation methods should be. Information like that should be defined in a profile document for a given Grid, not in the schema documents themselves.