[glue-wg] Open enumeration values for the generic service provider

stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Jul 4 08:37:43 EDT 2012

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Florido Paganelli said:
> Which of those have a single endpoint? all of them but Argus and VOMS?

Also

org.glite.ce.Monitor
org.glite.ce.ApplicationPublisher

are normally part of CREAM, which I think publishes a ServiceType of org.glite.ce.CREAM (the Service publisher in that case is part of the CREAM distribution).

> ok so during the last ServiceType_t review we decided that
> org.glite.voms was a ServiceType_t, is that an error?

VOMS is what's in the code at the moment. It can be changed if that's the decision; as usual that will mean we have some period where both forms will be in use, but since nothing is likely to be relying on it yet that shouldn't be a problem.

> Any remark on this org.glite.standard?

It's the format we've been using in glite for GLUE 1 AccessControlBaseRules. I think the only formal description is here:

https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/pub/LCG/WLCGCommonComputingReadinessChallenges/WLCG_GlueSchemaUsage-1.8.pdf

page 33. For GLUE 2 we should not allow the deprecated form b), i.e. a bare VO name. The wildcard format has so far not been implemented. In addition to that, for myproxy we publish rules with a prefix MYPROXY:, e.g.

GLUE2PolicyRule: MYPROXY:authorized_renewers=/C=DE/O=GermanGrid/OU=DESY/CN=host/grid-lb2.desy.de

(actually I just spotted a bug, at the moment there's a trailing " which shouldn't be there).

For GLUE 2 we also have the reserved word ALL meaning no authorsiation, and for Argus I added a new reserved word NONE meaning no access (for users, Argus is used only by other services).