[glue-wg] GLUE 2.0 XSD Rendering - progress update

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at egi.eu
Mon Apr 11 06:49:06 CDT 2011

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce that a concrete progress was made in aligning
the XSD document to GLUE 2.0 final. This is a very delicate work which
needs a focused activity and, being delayed for too long, we decided
to run a face-to-face meeting at the end of March to make progress.
Adrian Taga, Balazs Konya, Shiraz Memon and I met in Lund (Sweden) and
worked two full days with the participation of Paul Millar from
remote. Thanks to this effort, we managed to update the GLUE XSD and
the related descriptive document which now need the final make-up
before submitting them for the last call and subsequent public comment
to the GLUE WG list.

In parallel, Ilya Saverchenko and his colleagues from LRZ are pushing
forward the SQL rendering and document. The LDAP rendering is in
production since few months already and the specification needs to be
read for consistency (action being carried out by Adrian Taga). We are
therefore in a good shape to move all the three rendering to last call
in the coming few weeks (hopefully before the end of April) and start
the public comment phase.

As a side news, I'd like to announce that:
- the new official source code repository is now hosted in github.com.
I have created three repositories (one per rendering) which you can
access following this link: https://github.com/OGF-GLUE/
- the descriptive documents accompanying the renderings are available
here (with the new draft for the XSD):
http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/projects.glue-wg/docman.root.drafts
- the wiki pages have been polished and updated:
http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.glue-wg/wiki/HomePage

Looking forward to writing soon about when all the three specs and
documents are ready for last call. Meanwhile, if you are building on
top of GLUE XSD, you are welcome to download the new version for early
feedback.

Kind regards, Sergio

--
Sergio Andreozzi - Policy Development Manager
EGI.eu - Amsterdam - The Netherlands - http://egi.eu