[glue-wg] Notes from OGF 28

Laurence Field Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Sat Mar 20 10:01:58 CDT 2010

The main aim for the GLUE session at OGF 28 was to provide a status
update on the GLUE 2.0 renderings. The first part of the session was
comprised of a number of presentations giving the status of the LDAP and
XML renderings. The second part was a free-from discussion on the status
and the next steps. It was noticed that we could have spent more time
discussing various topics, so for the next OGF we may want to consider
two sessions rather than just one.  A nice surprise was to find out that
D-Grid have implemented a portal using the GLUE 2.0 data model. It was
suggested that we should maintain a collection of projects using the
GLUE 2.0 model.

As concrete outcomes, it was decided that we need to push forward with
rendering documents with the aim of finalizing them soon. The LDAP
rendering document is in good shape and should not take to much effort
to finish. For the XML renderings, Balazs will arrange some phone
meetings in order to discuss the outstanding issues. The question of
whether or not we need an SQL rendering was raised.  Although many
people are putting GLUE 2.0 information into relational databases, is
there a need to standardize the model?

Slides from the session can be found at the following location.
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/docman/do/listDocuments/projects.glue-wg/docman.root.meeting_materials.ogf28

Laurence