[glue-wg] Adopting a GLUE2 XML Schema?

Shiraz Memon a.memon at fz-juelich.de
Tue Jul 6 07:44:01 CDT 2010

Hi Folks,

The current xml binding tools such as XMLBeans and/or JAXB2 do not generate
the correct xml instance from the current glue2 xsd.

the generated document from these tools is identical (see below):

1.   <Domains xmlns="http://schemas.ogf.org/glue/2008/05/spec_2.0_d42_r01">
2.       <AdminDomain xmlns=""/>
3.    </Domains>

However the following attributes should be added to avoid mishandling of the
namespaces:

elementFormDefault="qualified" attributeFormDefault="unqualified"

whereas the generated instance document looks like,

1.   <Domains xmlns="http://schemas.ogf.org/glue/2008/05/spec_2.0_d42_r01"
2.       <AdminDomain>
3.                 <Services />
4.          </AdminDomain>
5.    </Domains>

Any comments?

Shiraz

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Balazs Konya <balazs.konya at hep.lu.se>wrote:

> hi Andre, group,
>
> On 2010-06-23 14:52, Andre Merzky wrote:
> > Hi Sergio, GLUE-group,
> >
> > what is the current status of the XML renderings?  AFAICS, there has
> > not been much activity after OGF28 - is that a sign of lacking
> > interest and/or resources to finish the schema, or is there work
> > done in the background?
> >
> > I guess the same question holds for the other planned renderings
> > (LDAP, others?) - but several groups at OGF, in particular JSDL,
> > would greatly benefit from a normative GLUE-2.0 XML schema.
> >
> > Greeting from OGF29,
> >
> >    your friendly AD.
>
> The interest is there, it is just the time which was not available.
>
> Laurence gave already a reply related to the LDAP part.
>
> Concerning the XML rendering, couple of weeks ago, before the OGF29, i met
> Sergio and back then we were very optimistic and committed to pick up the
> XML
> rendering thread again and come with a ready-to-submit version by the
> Brussels
> OGF30, the latest.
>
> All in all, i except some real work to start after the summer holidays.
>
> The group should release at least the LDAP and XML rendering document still
> this
> year :)
>

> cheers,
> Balazs Konya

> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
> Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt,
> Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Ahmed Shiraz Memon
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Institute of Advanced Simulation
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Germany

Phone: +49 2461 61 6899
Fax:   +49 2461 61 6656

Email: a.memon at fz-juelich.de

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt