[glue-wg] Usage of GLUE2 XML realization

Weijian Fang wf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Nov 9 06:01:30 CST 2009

Hi,

In our previous post, we raised the questions about Glue2 XML
realization's capability to update part of the information, say,
Domains/AdminDomain/Service. Because Glue2 XML schema only defines a
single element <Domains>, there is no way to define a "Service"
element purely based on the Glue2 XML schema. Here we try to figure
out how to define a Glue2 "service" element with a minimum extension
to the Glue2 XML schema.

We have to define our own <Service> element which has a type of
"glue:Service_t".

======== Glue2 Service XSD definition begins ========
	targetNamespace="http://www.omii.ac.uk/glue2/service"
	xmlns:g2s="http://www.omii.ac.uk/glue2/service"
	xmlns:glue="http://schemas.ogf.org/glue/2008/05/spec_2.0_d42_r01"
	elementFormDefault="qualified">

	<import namespace="http://schemas.ogf.org/glue/2008/05/spec_2.0_d42_r01"
		schemaLocation="http://schemas.ogf.org/glue/2008/05/spec_2.0_d42_r01"/>

	<element name="Service" type="glue:Service_t"></element>
</schema>
======== Glue2 Service XSD definition ends ========

Based on the XSD defined above, we are able to define a "Service"
element that conforms to the GLUE2 XSD.

======== Glue2 Service element begins ========
<g2s:Service xmlns:g2s="http://www.omii.ac.uk/glue2/service"
	xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.omii.ac.uk/glue2/service glue2service.xsd"
	BaseType="Service">
	<ID>http://tempuri.org</ID>
	<Type>Type</Type>
	<QualityLevel>production</QualityLevel>
</g2s:Service>
======== Glue2 Service element ends ========

But we still have two problems here. First, now the "Service" element
falls in our own namepace instead of the Glue2 namespace,  though this
"Serivce" element is semantically equivalent to the Glue2 "Service"
type. Second, the Glue2 "Service" type lacks information about which
AdminDomain this Service should belong to, it is uncertain for the
Glue Information Service on how to incorporate this Service into the
current information tree.

Again it seems to us the current Glue2 XSD makes partially updating
quite difficult. Is this partial updating NOT a requirement that is
supported by GLUE2?

Thanks.

--
Dr. Weijian Fang