[glue-wg] Phone Conference Reminder

Burke, S (Stephen) stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Wed May 20 11:38:14 CDT 2009

Burke, S (Stephen) said:
> Thinking a bit more, I think the diagram is right and the
> table is wrong, e.g. consider an MPI job which might be
> running in more than one ExecutionEnvironment.

... and while I'm looking for problems with these relations, the Manager
table says

Resource.ID <<abstract>> 1..* A manager manages zero or more resources.

where the multiplicity should be 0..* (you may just want to publish a
Manager to advertise what software is installed). Similarly for Resource
we have:

Manager.ID <<abstract>> 1 A resource is managed by a manager.

This is maybe related to the idea that Resource is supposed to be a
child of Manager. However, I don't really see why it shouldn't be
allowed to publish Share and Resource but not Manager. Fundamentally the
Resource (hardware) and Manager (software) descriptions are peers,
neither is dependent on the other so I think it should be possible to
publish either one without the other.