[glue-wg] Phone Conference Reminder

Burke, S (Stephen) stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Tue May 19 11:39:31 CDT 2009

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch
said:
> Please send corrections as needed.

A comment rather than a correction, on the question of parent/child
relations ... logically it seems to me that the only thing for Resource
which comes close to such a relation would be that Share is a child of
Resource, given that it's the Resource of which the Share is a share
(IYSWIM). However, that can't be represented in a tree since it's a *-*
relation, and anyway doesn't help in placing Resource itself. The same
kind of thing applies to Activity, since it represents some kind of
interaction with the Resource. In that case the relation is 1-* but that
probably doesn't help much ... (actually that doesn't seem entirely
consistent, the table for Activity says that Resource is 0..1, but the
diagram has *.) And of course Resource is supposed to be optional.

  We may also encounter a bit of a problem with Contact and Location as
written. Contact is *-* with both Service and Domain, and both of those
are *-1 with Location ... so if anything, Service and Domain are
children of Location!