[glue-wg] LDAP Rendering

Burke, S (Stephen) stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 10:46:47 CDT 2009

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org on behalf of Paul Millar said:
> Please be aware that, for some time now, there is support for "extensible
> queries" (see RFC 4515).  This removes the need for GlueChunkKey.

No it doesn't, as I've said several times. For one thing you can't do wildcard queries with the extensible query format, and for another it's often useful to query *for* the chunkey so you can extract the relevant ID, which is a lot easier than extracting it from the DN.

Stephen

(Typing this in Prague airport, so just a quick reply, I'll get back to this later in the week.)