[glue-wg] Inheritance with the LDAP rendering

Laurence Field Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Mon Mar 30 06:39:27 CDT 2009

After looking at the example David sent, I have some suggestions on how
we are doing the inheritance in LDAP. In the Location object for
example, there is a mixture of Entity and Location Prefixes. I would
propose that it would be better to have the same prefix.

http://forge.ogf.org/svn/repos/glue/LDAP2/ldif/5-03-Location.ldif

This could easily be done in the schema by specifying the attribute
using the following.

attributetype ( x.y.z. NAME ( 'LocationId' ) SUP EntityId )

However, for the ComputingServices I would prefer the names to be
retained eg.

ServiceId rather than ComputingServiceId.

This would present and inconstancy in the way that we handle
inheritance.  My two questions would be does everyone agree with the
above and if so how do we deal with this inconsistency?

Laurence