[glue-wg] Tighten defn of Country property?

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Fri Mar 27 03:52:14 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Current defn of Location.Country is simply "Name of country."  However, this
can lead to confusion.  Is the United States of America "US", "USA", "United
States", "United States of America"?  Is the United Kingdom represented
by "GB", "GBR", "UK", "U.K." etc.

Perhaps we should clarify this.  I would change the definition to:

	Name of country.  The value SHOULD be the country's
	ISO 3166-1 Alpha-3 code.

(we could use any code, but ISO 3166-1 Alpha-3 seems appropriate).

Cheers,

Paul.