[glue-wg] Glue LDAP Rendering

Burke, S (Stephen) stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Jun 5 10:51:10 CDT 2009

Maarten Litmaath [mailto:Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch] said:
> I would still recommend a globally unique ID: I thought we
> were going to have that everywhere?

Well, except for Extension. But the reason to have unique IDs for
objects is so you can refer to them directly, e.g. in glue 1 you can't
refer to an SA without specifying the SEUniqueID as well. For the Group
objects there should be no need to refer to them at all. The downside of
a unique id is that you have to have some algorithm to construct it,
which is likely to be done by concatenating various elements which will
probably make it rather long (look at the current CEIds).