[glue-wg] capabilities

Steve Fisher dr.s.m.fisher at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:40:48 CDT 2009

JP,

I think this is different to the meaning of capability as used in
OGSA, GLUE and SAGA. We see a capability as something that a service
may have. It may be seen as a "feature" or literally what a service is
capable of doing. A hammer is capable of driving nails but is also
capable of holding down a pile of papers. A nail gun is also capable
of driving nails. You example shows a capability as a set of related
services - kit may be a better word for this concept.

Steve