[glue-wg] XML schema for GLUE 2.0

David Horat david.horat at cern.ch
Thu Apr 23 04:04:20 CDT 2009

This is the same approach that has been taken for the LDAP implementation.
To make this possible, IDs must be globally unique. I support this approach
as it lets the implementation to be less coupled to the technology used and
facilitates interaction between different systems.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Burke, S (Stephen) <
stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk> wrote:

> glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of
> Warren Smith said:
> > * It is a flat structure with associations represented as references
> to the IDs of the associated entities.
> >
> > * Many of the classes are included as top-level elements.
>
> This sounds like what I've been suggesting for LDAP - that we should
> view the schema as basically a collection of independent objects linked
> together by embedded references, and any structure you get from the
> implementation (LDAP tree, XML hierarchy) is incidental.
>
> Stephen
> --
> Scanned by iCritical.

David Horat
Software Engineer – IT/GD – Grid Deployment Group
CERN – European Organization for Nuclear Research » Where the web was born
Address: 1211 Geneva - Switzerland, Office: 28/R-003
Phone +41 22 76 77996
Professional Web: http://cern.ch/horat
Personal Web: http://davidhorat.com/
Profile: http://linkedin.com/in/davidhorat