[glue-wg] Question about ssociation end and inheritedassociation end

Burke, S (Stephen) stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Apr 17 05:23:21 CDT 2009

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Paul Millar said:
> Option 2) would allow publishing both Storage- and Computing-
> Service.ID
> values as LocationServiceID attributes; i.e., the following
> would be valid
>
> 	LocationServiceID=<StorageService.ID>
>  	LocationServiceID=<ComputingService.ID>
>  	LocationDomainID=<UserDomain.ID>
>  	LocationDomainID=<AdminDomain.ID>
>
> If this is all correct, I'd go for option 2) here.

Note that this interacts with the way inheritance is done and the
question of whether IDs are globally unique. If there were separate
attributes called ComputingServiceID and StorageServiceID and they were
allowed to be identical then this scheme wouldn't work, but if every
object has a globally unique EntityID then it's OK.

  There is also an issue of whether you would want to know what kind of
object is being referred to - i.e. with this scheme you can't tell from
the Location object what kind of service/domain it relates to. On the
other hand I suspect that you would normally follow the reference the
other way round.