[glue-wg] info on

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 25 10:20:09 CST 2008

Hello Sergio,

Most of the requirements described in C.26-C.29 exist on the
TeraGrid.  Many of our HPC
resources provide node local, cluster wide, and even grid wide user,
project, and/or job
directories. Sometimes they are scratch directories.

We also have situations where the path depends on the user/project/job
and doesn't have
the same value for everyone.

We currently satisfy these requirements by defining standard
environment variables that
users and jobs can use to discover the paths to various directories.
We have also
discussed the need for a grid service for looking up these paths so
that an external
entity that is constructing a job can for example query for paths to
use in the job
they will submit.

Hope this helps..

Regards,