[glue-wg] updates before OGF 23

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Fri May 30 09:12:00 CDT 2008

Dear all,

some update about GLUE-related topics:

1. the forge portal is back at work; the public comment process should
officially start next week after the GFSG F2F meeting (I will send an
email to confirm it)

I've updated the wiki with the links to the tracker items related to the
submission to the OGF Editor

2. next week, the important event: OGF 23

for those attending OGF, please mark your agenda with the following
sessions:

2.1 Group Sessions

for any of this sessions, mail me in advance if you want to present any
GLUE-related activity (especially for the discussion and implementation
sessions)

Wednesday
GLUE 2.0 - Overview
http://ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1221

Thursday
GLUE 2.0 - Discussion
http://ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1222

GLUE 2.0 - Implementation
http://ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1223

2.2. Joint Group Sessions

Wednesday
BES/HPC, JSDL and GLUE Profiling
http://ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1274

this is an important session to start discussing how to profile the
usage of GLUE with the other specifications related to job management

2.3 Tutorial on implementing standard for managing computing activities
(organized by OGF-Europe with the collaboration of KnowArc, EGEE,
UNICORE and PSNC)

Thursday
http://ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1256
http://ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1317
http://ogf.org/gf/event_schedule/index.php?id=1369

this is a unique chance to learn about core OGF specs and the current
adoption activity. Implementors will present both the specifications and
status of their implementations.

Looking to meet several of you in Barcelona,

Sergio

--
Sergio Andreozzi
INFN-CNAF,                    Tel: +39 051 609 2860