[glue-wg] v1.3 documentation, please!

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Thu May 8 10:21:12 CDT 2008

Hi Laurence,

On Thursday 08 May 2008 16:29:56 Laurence Field wrote:
> > A very minor technical point: the MIME type looks like it's chosen to
> > force a download ("application/force-download"); is it possible to use
> > the correct MIME type instead?  I think all modern web-browsers support a
> > "save as" option in their link-context menus.
>
> ???

OK, this is just that when I click on the link, it forces me to download the
file somewhere, which I can then load up in my favourite PDF viewer.

I'd rather use the (in fact, same) PDF view but embedded within the
web-browser.  This works fine if the web-server reports the correct MIME type
(application/pdf).

For example, the "GLUE Specification v. 2.0 (latest draft) - PDF" document[1]
(somehow) knows it's a PDF file and reports the correct MIME type, whereas
the GLUE Schema 1.3 document[2] apparently doesn't.

[1]	http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc15023
[2]	http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc14185

> > Are these schema files identical to the ones at the CNAF SVN repository?
>
> They should be. But by defacto for EGEE the ones in the glite repository
> are authoritative as they are the ones that are deployed.

OK, fair enough.

> > Is it better to email grid-support at cern.ch, fire off a GGUS ticket or do
> > both (mentioning the GGUS ticket in the email)?
>
> It depends on the question. If it is a deployment issue then GGUS. If it
> is more of a question then you will get a better response from
> information support list.  The most effective way is to either email me
> directly or phone me :)
>
> http://consult.cern.ch/xwho

'k.  I might give you a phone tomorrow, if that's convenient.

Cheers,

Paul.