[glue-wg] Comparison with CIM

Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch
Thu May 1 19:33:20 CDT 2008

Hi Owen,

> [...] leave out Castor and DPM due to the low
> level of storage deployment they have compared to dCache.

Last time I checked there were some 130 DPM installations,
compared to some 60 dCache and 7 CASTOR installations.

The amount of disk storage at the dCache T1 and T2 sites will
be larger than that of CASTOR (T0, T1) and DPM (T2) combined,
but not by a lot, maybe 60 vs. 40%.  For tape it is 50-50.

I would not call that low at all, certainly not w.r.t. GLUE:
there the DPM sites supporting many VOs might well dominate!