[glue-wg] minutes from today telecon

owen.synge at desy.de owen.synge at desy.de
Fri Mar 28 12:11:32 CDT 2008

Just a quick correction to the minutes,
<original>
at DESY, some work with Sun Grid Engine and XEN to virtualize the
worker node; this will lead to move WN to Debian; two architecture
supported: i386, AMD64; </original>

The move to Debian worker nodes, is not implied by this but has been a
long standing action since PISA conferance for glite, this is finally
occurring. I should like no mention of debian coupled to this
discussion except as an example of deploying a worker node on demand.
In the context of the minutes I think their is no need to mention it as
its quite independent.

<suggestion>
at DESY, some work with Sun Grid Engine and XEN to virtualize the
worker node, multiple OS's can be supported. The framework will in the
future be configurable to allow dynamic OS installation by glite
middle-ware based upon the jobs requirements. This required an extra
boolean field in Glue to allow sites to declare their CE is capable of
support user defined operating systems and not just the OS explisitly
listed in the Glue Scheamer. </suggestion>

Regards

Owen