[glue-wg] More comments on the draft spec.

Viljoen, MJ (Matthew) M.J.Viljoen at rl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 09:04:57 CDT 2008

Hi,

Here are my main queries for the version of the GLUE 2.0 document as it stands.

My apologies if any of these issues have already been raised - I have so far not been able to spend time reviewing the evolution of this document as much as I would have liked.

Referring to the document: ogf-glue-2_draft-41_WG-last-call.doc:

Section 6. 6.	Conceptual Model of the Storage Service
I think the first sentence referring to "specializations" could be reworded - it's ambiguous for me what the word means in this context.

Section 17.24 AppEnvState_t
For the pendingremoval description, do we really need to say "as soon as possible"?  Or will "is due to be removed" do instead?  I think perhaps giving indications of time is out of context here.

Finally, in a number of objects there is a URL property for an endpoint location.  The multiplicity is defined as 1.  I can imagine the case where it may be desirable to define more than one URL, for maybe load-sharing or failover services.

Matt