[glue-wg] Updated version of appendix D.

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Fri Jan 25 07:50:02 CST 2008

On Thursday 24 January 2008 15:55:13 Burke, S (Stephen) wrote:
> Paul Millar [mailto:paul.millar at desy.de] said:
> > Do we want to consider floating-point numbers, too?
>
> The only ones I can think of off-hand are the latitude and longitude,
> but they possibly need special treatment anyway ... you might perhaps
> have a percentage as either float or int, but I don't think we actually
> have at the moment. Generic floating-point, i.e. with an exponent, is
> probably unlikely, and for other things we usually choose units small
> enough to use ints.

OK, we should probably leave floating-point numbers for now.

For longitude/latitude,  should we use (0,0)?  This is located off the west
cost of Africa:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=0&longitude=0

It would seem a safe bet that no one will build a Grid site there.

Would it be OK to add this for longitude,latitude attributes?

Cheers,

Paul.