[glue-wg] Updated Use Case Document

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 21 08:28:02 CST 2008

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
said:
> Usecase 5.4 Service Downtime.  Is this a functional requirement for
> downtime information to be made available directly from
> resources, i.e. not via a separate component such as the GOCDB?

Glue per se doesn't have any requirements on what people actually
publish, or where the information comes from. However, it may have some
implications for how the schema implementations are defined. When we
discussed this my comment was that EGEE/LCG probably wouldn't publish
this at all, because as you say we use the GOCDB. However, if we ever
did publish it it would probably be done by having a single publisher on
the GOCDB rather than having each resource publish their own downtimes,
and we should therefore ensure that the information structure is
free-standing, linked by the service ID, rather than being embedded in
the service information. Of course that doesn't preclude services from
publishing their own downtimes if that's more convenient.