[glue-wg] Who publishes UserDomains?

Burke, S (Stephen) stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Dec 24 05:55:47 CST 2008

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch
said:
> That should be 0..* for reasons deliberated by Stephen: we
> must not force
> UserDomain objects to be published.  This needs fixing in the
> document.

I'm not entirely sure what multiplicity 1 means for relations - I don't
think it requires the object to be published, just that if it is
published there should be at least one of it. Conceptually it probably
is true that a MappingPolicy is always associated with at least one
UserDomain, even if it only consists of a single user! (Although in some
cases the "user" could be a robot rather than a person ...) However,
there is then a separate question: even if the related object does exist
is it necessary to publish the relation attribute, even if there is no
use case which would ever need to navigate it? I don't think we've
considered that question ...