[glue-wg] GLUE 1.3 erratum/inconsistency

Burke, S (Stephen) stephen.burke at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Dec 11 10:01:22 CST 2008

Hi,

Another apparent fault in the 1.3 document, with the Preemption
attribute. In the CE section it says:

Policy.Preemption int32 1 If greater than 0, the batch system enables
preemption of jobs; if 0, the batchsystem does not enable preemption of
jobs (NN)

so the text defines it as an integer even though the meaning is clearly
boolean, either jobs may be pre-empted or not. Given that it's stated so
explicitly it seems to be intentional, but I don't know why! On the
other hand, in the VOView table it says:

Policy.Preemption boolean 1 see definition in ComputingElement entity
(NN)

so there it is defined as boolean even thought it should be identical to
the CE attribute. In our actual deployed LDAP schema it seems that it's
typed as an integer, and the same definition is used for both CE and
VOView.

Stephen

PS In the GLUE 2 document the corresponding attribute is typed as
boolean.