[glue-wg] Comparison with CIM

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Mon Apr 28 11:40:12 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone has been looking at this, but there's an emerging
standard (through DMTF) in modelling "things" (computer-hardware
and -software, network equipment, etc): CIM.  There seems to be some
cross-over here through OGF, so forgive me if this is already "well known".

Anyway, for those who haven't heard of them, their schema makes for
interesting reading.  The current version (2.18) is available from:
	http://www.dmtf.org/standards/cim/cim_schema_v218

"Device" (from which a StorageDevice may be published)

http://www.dmtf.org/standards/cim/cim_schema_v28/CIM_Device28-Final.pdf

How to publish ACLs:

http://www.dmtf.org/standards/cim/cim_schema_v218/CIM_Policy.pdf

Enjoy!