[glue-wg] Suggestion for splitting the StorageShare.

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 11:12:08 CDT 2008

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Laurence Field said:
> The latest schema would require a StorageShare to be instantiated for
> each combination of path and SRM v2.2 space ACL, leading to
> n*m storage shares duplicating a great deal of information.

Err, yes, that's the point I've been making repeatedly, including at the
end of the meeting yesterday! So far the idea of keeping the schema
simple has prevailed.

> The suggested solution is to split the StorageShare into the
> StorageShare and StorageEnvironment where there is a one to many
> relationship between the Environment and the Share. Both entities
> inherit the ACLs from the AccessPolicy

Indeed - basically we would go back to what we have in the 1.3 schema
(more or less), i.e. SA == Share == space token and VOInfo == <new
thing> == space token description.