[glue-wg] glue 2.0 spec comments

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Wed Apr 23 06:06:53 CDT 2008

Hello Gerson,

Gerson Galang wrote:
> I've quickly browsed through the current GLUE schema spec and want to
> get some clarification on the items below:
>
> 1. ComputingResource has TotalSlots and TotalLogicalCPUs. What's the
> difference between the two? Aren't they the same?

the concept of Slot is defined in the intro of section 5, below figure
3, while the logicalCPU definition is repeated in each attribute related
to it.

> 2. I couldn't find the Parallel attribute from ApplicationEnvironment.
> Have you forgotten to include this in the schema?
>
> http://forge.ogf.org/sf/wiki/do/viewPage/projects.glue-wg/wiki/PhoneMeeting20080122Part1Minutes

it should be captured by the ParallelType in the ApplicationEnvironment.
Check its values in 18.23. The value "none" has to be used in case of
sequential execution.

Cheers, Sergio

> Thanks,
> Gerson

Sergio Andreozzi
INFN-CNAF,                    Tel: +39 051 609 2860
Viale Berti Pichat, 6/2       Fax: +39 051 609 2746
40126 Bologna (Italy)         Web: http://www.cnaf.infn.it/~andreozzi