[glue-wg] RetentionPolicy definitions

Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch
Mon Apr 14 15:29:40 CDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Burke, S (Stephen) wrote:

> While we're at it, should we have anything to describe pinning, e.g.
> MaxPinDuration? Or are there any other SRM parameters that could/should
> be exposed?

What would be a use case for MaxPinDuration?  An SRM client can ask for
a particular time that may then be shortened by the server, possibly
depending on who the client is: a production manager might be allowed
to ask for more than an ordinary user.

I did not see any other SRM parameters, but I think we need to resurrect
MaxFileSize and probably MinFileSize as well.  In the StorageService?