[glue-wg] Update of relational rendering of Glue 2.0 draft 33

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 05:09:17 CDT 2008

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Felix Nikolaus Ehm said:
> please find the latest rendering for the relational model
> (ref 33) here:
> https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EGEE/ExampleGlue20SQL
>
> Unfortunatly, I didn't find time to update the examples on the page -
> but its on my list.
>
> Comments/Questions are appreciated.

Have you had comments from Steve Fisher or Antony Wilson, who did the
R-GMA implementation [1] in the past? I think they're on the glue list
but they may not be paying attention ...

  One comment is that your proposal to have all multivalued attributes
in one huge table doesn't seem very good to me. Why do you rule out
having separate tables for each attribute? That is basically how it's
done in R-GMA at the moment.

Stephen

[1] See e.g. https://eg.nikhef.nl:8443/R-GMA/table.html