[glue-wg] Datastore proposal

Paul Millar paul.millar at desy.de
Fri Apr 11 03:01:38 CDT 2008

On Friday 11 April 2008 03:36:21 Maarten.Litmaath at cern.ch wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Burke, S (Stephen) wrote:
> > [...] I propose an object which I tentatively call a
> > Datastore (or we could go back to the old StorageLibrary name if we want
> > everything to start with "Storage"). [...]
>
> StorageSupply ?

Although perhaps strictly redundant, all the other objects have Storage as a
prefix, so perhaps we should try to continue this.

I'm not a fan of StorageLibrary as, to me, it sounds quite tape-specific
(people tend not to talk about libraries of disks, right?).

StorageSupply would be OK; but for me, "supply" doesn't hint strongly that
it's the physical medium/media we're referring to.

I did a quick hunt through an online thesaurus.  Would one of these be useful?

StorageRepository
StorageVault
StorageSource
StorageBase