[glue-wg] feedback on storage entities

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Thu Apr 10 05:16:32 CDT 2008

Hi  Maarten,

>> * For Storage Share
>> 1- add a shared attribute in the storage share which type is boolean;
>> for "shared" shares, the value should be true
>> 2- add an AggregationLocalID attribute; for the "shared" shares within
>> the same storage service, this attribute should be assigned with the
>> same value
>>
>> in this way, we avoid the creation of one more level of hierarchy and
>> potential visualization tools which want to show a summary info can
>> avoid double counting by checking the two attributes that we propose
>>

> So, you would publish such a shared Share multiple times, once per VO.
> Each such instance then gives a VO view of that Share.  I do not see a
> problem for the info provider to cook up the correct values for the
> boolean flag and the AggregationLocalID, but I do note that compared
> to the proposal by Felix we lose some functionality: if each of the
> VOs has a _quota_ in the Share, we would publish that number as, say,
> its online TotalSize --> this means we no longer have the _physical_
> TotalSize of the Share published anywhere.  Maybe not a big loss...

so, you mean that within a "Shared Share", a VO could have a Quota?

This reminds me a really "old" discussion we had in 2003. Have a look at
this page, almost at the end "Contributions":

http://www.cnaf.infn.it/~andreozzi/datatag/glue/working/SE/index.html

what do you think of it?

Cheers, Sergio

--
Sergio Andreozzi
INFN-CNAF,                    Tel: +39 051 609 2860