[glue-wg] Physical Reresentational relationship?

owen.synge at desy.de owen.synge at desy.de
Wed Apr 9 05:58:17 CDT 2008

Dear all,

Over and over again, I keep asking myself why a physical instance of a
service is 1:1 mapped with a representation of it. For VO service
discovery this is odd to my mind, especially for service discovery
(Even with monitoring in the use cases this seems strange as most
things are partitioned at the VO level, eg storage and computing)

In other words why does the Glue schema have a service entity which is
mapped 1:1 with physical instance and not an VO-service entity?

Maybe such a change is too radical?

Maybe it eliminates some benefits we currently have with our "rich" VO
relationships in parts of the schema?

This basic unit may reduce the entities within the schema in the style
of database third normal form.

This question is from me, and should not be misconstrued as
representing anything other than a question, as at this stage of
discussion it would appear to late to reorganise the entities
into third normal form. I present it for maybe Glue 3.

Regards

Owen Synge

Disclaimer