[glue-wg] Some thoughts on storage objects

Burke, S (Stephen) S.Burke at rl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 3 07:32:45 CDT 2008

glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org
> [mailto:glue-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Felix Nikolaus Ehm said:
> Since this is a quite specific use case, you might want to consider
> putting this characteristic into 'OtherInfo' of the
> StorageAccessProtocol. (I still need to add this field.)
> Would this be sufficient?

I don't think that would be the right solution: although it might be
specific to a small number of *sites*, it would potentially affect all
*users* of those sites. As we know very well publishing information is
no use if nothing looks at it! If we really want this to be supported at
all I think it would need to be in the schema properly so it could be
built in to client tools etc.