[glue-wg] publishing srb information on glue

Laurence Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Thu Oct 25 06:30:06 CDT 2007

Hi Shunde,

Everything is possible, it just depends on what you hope to achieve and
what is required. If the SRB exposes an SRM interface and this is what
the users are looking for then it should be possible to publish it. If
you are wanting to just expose the gridftp interface then this should be
possible too. Alternatively, if you are wanting to publish the SRB as a
service then there are a number of possibility's. Publish the SRB using
the generic service, see if the Stroage Schema works or define a schema
specifically for the SRB if it is significantly different.

The main purpose of the glue schema is to facilitate interoperability
between the grid infrastructures. It is use case driven and hence we
have to understand how the users are using SRB between the
infrastructures. As soon as we understand these use cases it will be
easier to work out what to do.

Thanks

Laurence