[glue-wg] GLUE WG phoneconf - 3 May - 4 PM CEST

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Thu May 3 06:10:07 CDT 2007

Hi Steve,

Fisher, SM (Steve) wrote:
> Sergio,
>
> I can attend at this time for one hour - if anybody cares to tell me how
> to phone in.

I will send the details to the list shortly.

> I am supposed to be responsible for the service stuff in GLUE and that
> the schema proposed here is a step back from what we have now and will
> mess up what we are trying to do with service discovery in SAGA. It does
> not "incorporate the concepts of GLUE 1.3" I had missed the document
> when it was first announced on the 3rd April as the subject said
> "focusing on the CE".
>
> What do you suggest, should I propose an alternative? I don't want to
> start the public discussion at OGF20 with your definition of service.
>
> As part of the OGF20 meetings we will probably have to revisit the issue
> of what we mean by optional parameters. This discussion dried up a while
> ago but it was never resolved. I still insist that the logical modelling
> has nothing to do with what the implementers/sys-admins may choose to
> publish.

consider that the document is an early draft. The main attempt was to
merge GLUE 1.3 and NorduGrid schema into a common proposal with no
backwards-compatible constraints. The main focus was the computing
element for which me and Balazs are responsible.

As regards the Core schema, this was put just as a placeholder and is
not yet a precise merge of the two (e.g., service data is missing). You
have complete freedom of changing it in order to make it aligned with
SAGA view before entering the real discussion.

Together with the .png files you can find the UML source code for the
ArgoUML software.

Cheers, Sergio