[glue-wg] GLUE WG phoneconf - 3 May - 4 PM CEST

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Wed May 2 10:10:15 CDT 2007

Sergio,

I can attend at this time for one hour - if anybody cares to tell me how
to phone in.

I am supposed to be responsible for the service stuff in GLUE and that
the schema proposed here is a step back from what we have now and will
mess up what we are trying to do with service discovery in SAGA. It does
not "incorporate the concepts of GLUE 1.3" I had missed the document
when it was first announced on the 3rd April as the subject said
"focusing on the CE".

What do you suggest, should I propose an alternative? I don't want to
start the public discussion at OGF20 with your definition of service.

As part of the OGF20 meetings we will probably have to revisit the issue
of what we mean by optional parameters. This discussion dried up a while
ago but it was never resolved. I still insist that the logical modelling
has nothing to do with what the implementers/sys-admins may choose to
publish.

Steve

Behalf