[glue-wg] Definition of Memory with Muli-core CPUs.

Sergio Andreozzi sergio.andreozzi at cnaf.infn.it
Thu Aug 30 10:09:43 CDT 2007

Hi Laurence,

Laurence wrote:
> Hi Sergio,
>
> I just received the following GGUS ticket. Looking at the Glue 1.3
> schema, it seems that the definition of GlueHostMainMemoryRAMSize and
> GlueHostMainMemoryVirtualSize needs to be improved.

I remember that this issue was raised also in the past. I think the best
way to proceed for GLUE 2 is to shape it as a use case to be added in
the document.

When we will move to attribute definitions driven by use cases, then
we'll address it.

Can you take care of that?

> Detailed description:
> I've recently received a request for a VO user to change the memory info
> published by the site (GlueHostMainMemoryRAMSize,
> GlueHostMainMemoryVirtualSize) to be per CPU core and not per WN.
>
>  From the yaim documentation I was under the impression memory info was
> per WN:
>
> CE_MINPHYSMEM - RAM size (Mbytes) (per WN and not per CPU)
> CE_MINVIRTMEM - Virtual Memory size in (Mbytes) (per WN and not per CPU)
>
> but it seems RB/WMS can't schedule jobs correctly unless the information
> is per CPU core (JDL requirement can't check how much memory a single
> CPU job gets if info is per WN).
>
> Can someone check this and fix the docs?

for GLUE 1.3 I take a note and then I'll verify it together with Stephen
comments.

Cheers, Sergio