[glibrary] practical question about copyright on pictures in books of mark Twain

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Wed May 27 05:13:46 PDT 2020

Dear Clemens,

Yes. Items at www.gutenberg.org that are listed as being in the public domain include any pictures included in the eBook.

Further permissions details are here, but do not seem relevant for your situation:

  https://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenberg:Permission_How-To

  -- Greg Newby

Dr. Gregory B. Newby
Chief Executive and Director
Project Gutenberg Literary Archive Foundation http://gutenberg.org
A 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with EIN 64-6221541
gbnewby at pglaf.org