[gir-wg] GIR doc in public comment (please read)

Greg Newby newby at arsc.edu
Sat May 27 19:33:55 CDT 2006

GIR-WG folks:

Please read & make a public comment for the GIR document
before June 10.

  Grid Information Retrieval System for Dynamically Reconfigurable
  Virtual Organization.  Y. Kim, via GIR-WG

This URL links to the document and public comment tracker:

  http://www.ggf.org/gf/docs/?public_comment

Also, I've just updated the www.gir-wg.org Web site with
minutes/notes from GGF17 in Tokyo, as well as our
"Notice of Intent" for the Storage Challenge project
as part of Supercomputing 2006.  Emphasis will be
on cross-grid interoperability for GIR query processing,
using the TREC Terabyte track as a guiding activity.

We're interested in other participants for the Storage
Challenge, as well as additional computational resources
to use (particularly from Europe).  Get in touch!
  -- Greg

Dr. Gregory Newby, Chief Scientist (Acting), Arctic Region Supercomputing Ctr
Univ of Alaska Fairbanks-909 Koyukuk Dr-PO Box 756020-Fairbanks-AK 99775-6020
e: newby AT arsc.edu v: 907-450-8663 f: 907-450-8603 w: www.arsc.edu/~newby