[gin] GIN @ OGF23: GIN Security Profile Discussions Session Preparation

David Chadwick d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk
Thu May 15 15:55:34 CDT 2008

Hi Dane

We have a project to look at OpenID (funded by JISC). I already gave a
presentation about it at the recent Internet2 meeting in Arlington.
Since then I have become a bit more concerned about it, due to the
possible reassignment of OpenIDs by providers, which sort of nullifies
their value in my opinion.

We will have a report available at the end of August which we can circulate.

regards

David

Dane Skow wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Is there anyone on the list looking into OpenID ?
> Dane
>
> On May 15, 2008, at 8:20 AM, Morris Riedel wrote:
>
>> Dear GIN team,
>>
>> I just released a first news item about the Security Profile
>> Discussions
>> session at OGF23 on our Website. The major aim of this session is to
>> discuss
>> more realistic security profiles than username-password et al. for our
>> production Grids, including authN and authZ technologies.
>>
>> I requested talks from people like Sabine Roller D-Grid,
>> HLRS/Industry-related projects (TBC) or Valerio Venturi EGEE (OGSA-
>> AuthZ
>> group co-chair).
>>
>> With this e-mail I also would like to invite other GIN members to
>> shortly
>> present security-related talks focusing on the use of proxies and/or
>> SAML
>> during production in particular.
>>
>> Anyone interested? Then let us know!
>>
>> @Oscar, for instance: what about a short statement from the MWSG group
>> concerning the topic SAML-based VOMS vs. Attribute-Certificate-based
>> VOMS?
>>
>> Take care,
>> Morris

>> Morris Riedel
>> SW - Engineer
>> Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
>> Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
>> Forschungszentrum Juelich
>> Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
>> D - 52425 Juelich
>> Germany
>>
>> Email: m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
>> Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel
>> Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
>> Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656
>>
>> Skype: MorrisRiedel
>>
>> "We work to better ourselves, and the rest of humanity"
>>
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
>> Eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Düren Nr. HR B 3498
>> Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
>> Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
>> Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)
>>

>> --

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184