[gin] Call for Comments: OGF21 GIN Session I Slides available

Jensen, J (Jens) j.jensen at rl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 15 10:57:59 CDT 2007

Hi Morris.

Just to follow up to say I have read the slides - they're very useful,
perhaps a bit text heavy - but I suppose that is unavoidable.  I am not
sure though why you have an overview talk and seem to go into something
specific by the end (WN profile)?

You will recall that I also have an SRM/SRB interoperability activity
which - hopefully - someone can demonstrate for me at SC.  Since it aims
for the same high level goal as the other one (the ASGC one), it may
make sense to run them at the same time, or sequentially in the same
demo.  I will of course provide further details.

More generally, if you could use your OGF talk to (a) ask users to feed
back on the level of interest in their communities, and perhaps (b) get
them to prioritise their wishlists for GIN, perhaps that would help us
allocate scarce resources.  I also get the impression many GIN
activities are under-resourced (run as a hobby almost) but if we have a
clear user-driven need then it may help.

Regards,
			--jens

--
Dr Jens Jensen
Science and Technology Facilities Council