[gin] Questions for the GIN group

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Mon Oct 9 04:27:56 CDT 2006

Dear GIN group,

I participated in the GIN group meetings at OGF in Washington and I
appreciate all the efforts of this group.

I have two questions which answers could be very interesting for the
European OMII - Europe project, in particular for the Joint Research
Activity (JRA) 3 that deals with interoperation and later interoperability
among all the major Grid middleware systems such as UNICORE, gLite, and
Globus Toolkits:

(1)

Are there already precise plans what the group is going to show at SC06?
There is not much time left to prepare demos, so we are interested what
plans the group have or at least start the discussion what is useful to
present at SC06.

(2)

Are there already plans to continue the group after the SC06? I found in
some document the statement that this group will disappear after SC06 ("THE
final goal"). I would be unhappy with that, however, I understand that these
OGF unfunded efforts are difficult to maintain over a longer time.

Thanks in advance for some answers.

Best regards,

Morris Riedel

JRA3 - leader: Infrastructure Integration

http://www.omii-europe.org/

----
Morris Riedel

Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Central Institute of Applied Mathematics
Research Centre Juelich
D - 52425 Juelich, Germany

Email:   <mailto:m.riedel at fz-juelich.de> m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info:    <http://www.fz-juelich.de/zam/ZAMPeople/riedel>