[gin-info] gin-jobs use case

Gerson Galang gerson.galang at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Oct 24 01:58:26 CDT 2006

Hi Laurence,

> > You've mentioned that GIN VO will be using the information we will be
> publishing
> > in the Service entries. Does this mean that we need to enable those CEs so
> that
> > members of the GIN VO will be able to run jobs on those resources as well?
> >

> The VOs that are able to use the CE should be published. The information
> published and what VOs can use the CE must be consistent.

I looked at section 2.2 (Service entity) of the GLUE schema and didn't find the
ServiceAccessControlRule in there. Has EGEE/LCG extended the GLUE 1.2 spec?

If we make only our GT4 resource available for job submissions, what should we
have in the following fields?

ServiceUniqueID: ng2.sapac.edu.au/jobmanager-pbs
ServiceName: ng2.sapac.edu.au/jobmanager-pbs
ServiceType: WSGRAM
ServiceVersion: ??
ServiceEndpoint:
https://ng2.sapac.edu.au:8443/wsrf/services/ManagedJobFactoryService
ServiceAccessControlRule: /GIN

I'm not sure if the unique ID and the name should be in the format above if the
service we are publishing is a GT4 service. Something that the GLUE guys
probably need to address at their F2F meeting.

I find the Service entity a bit limited in publishing information about CEs
because it won't even tell which queue to submit jobs to. Our workaround will
probably be to check (in pbs.pm) if the user running the job is a member of the
GIN VO, and if he/she is, the job will be forwarded to short queue.

Thanks,
Gerson