[gin-info] Possible list of subset data for info interop

Erwin Laure Erwin.Laure at cern.ch
Wed Mar 1 13:18:10 CST 2006

Absolutely! It is always tempting in these efforts to start defining new
things because obviously existing solutions have their deficiencies. But
that's not the point for GIN. As Jen said, we should try to come up with
a minimal set and try to build translators between different
representations (Glue/CIM more specifically). That's all GIN should be
doing.

Hopefully, this work will lead to some insights that we can feed into
standardization processes, or specifically for the information system,
into glue2, but we are not defining it.

Cheers,

-- Erwin