[gin-info] Possible list of subset data for info interop

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 1 12:07:11 CST 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 11:24 AM, Jennifer M. Schopf wrote:

> I would be much more comfortable coming up with a simple list of
> attributes everyone could agree on - which is why i sent the list i
> did. If you want to add things in, that's great. If you think
> something should be removed, please make a case.

Suggested additions. I'm not proposing we address all of these from
the start. At some point we might want to prioritize them to decide
which to address sooner rather than later.

On Feb 24, 2006, at 9:44 AM, Jennifer M. Schopf wrote:

Virtual organization information:
   What VOs does this resource participate in

> Queue Data:
> Queue name
> Unique queue ID
> GRAM version
> GRAM host name
> GRAM port/url
> LRMS type
> LRMS version
Scheduler type
Scheduler version
> Total CPUs
> Free CPUs
> Queue status
> Total jobs
> Running jobs
> Waiting jobs
> Policy – max wall clock time
> Policy – max CPU time
> Policy – max total jobs
> Policy – max running jobs

Services information (expanding on GRAM above):

Both pre-WS and WS GRAM location(s)
SSH'able host name(s)
GridFTP host name(s) and ports
RFT URL(s)
MDS4 or other information service URL(s)
RLS host name(s) and ports
SRB host name(s) and ports
*Probably want to generalize this into an arbitrary list of services
*Information about the software version for each service would be good

> cluster/subcluster data:
> Type (cluster/Subcluster)
> Cluster/subcluster Name
> cluster/subcluster Unique ID
> Processor type
> Processor speed
> Total memory
> Operating system
> SMP size
> Total nodes
> Storage device name
> Storage device size
> Storage device available space
>
> Host data
> Host Name
> Host Unique ID
> Node properties

Software data:
- list of available software
- information on how to access the software

Data collection data:
- list of available data collections
- information on how to access the collections

Availability/outage data:
- Outage start and stop time and affected resources

Certificate authority data:
- list of accepted certificate authorities

Monitoring data:
- verified service status
- verified software functionality

Scheduling data:
- workflow engines, metascheduler, and gateways all want some
information to
   help them decide where to run jobs, we don't know yet what this
information
   would look like.