[gin-info] Possible list of subset data for info interop

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 1 11:06:23 CST 2006

What about subclusters?

It's not unusual for one cluster to have nodes with different hardware
configurations: processor architectures, memory sizes, I/O capabilities,
networking capabilities, etc.  Clusters can also have nodes with
different
software configurations.

Without a notion of a subcluster, users or software have to sift thru a
large list of individual node properties to determine which nodes meet
requirements.  While this is sometimes necessary, adding the concept of
homegeneous subcluster can make resource selection much simpler for
both users and software.

JP