[gin-info] Notes from July 10 telecon

Laura Pearlman laura at ISI.EDU
Tue Jul 11 01:35:10 CDT 2006

Attending:  Kazu, Yuji, and Laura.

TeraGrid resources:  after the last meeting, I was going to talk to Stu
Martin about what Teragrid resources are available for GIN;  however,
Stu is on vacation.  I'll see whether anyone on tomorrow's wheels call
knows the answer.

Schema mapping:  the spreadsheet that Kazu sent around looks pretty
clear, but there are some issues using it for TeraGrid.  TeraGrid is
using (slightly modified versions of) standard Globus information
providers, which report information in GLUE 1.1 schema, not GLUE 1.2.
This means that a couple of the elements that appear in the spreadsheet
(AuthVO and Software) are not advertised through TeraGrid's information
systems.  We have, I think, two options for dealing with this, depending
on what our requirements are:

1.  We could create extensions to the GLUE 1.1 schema to hold this
information (the structure of these extensions would be the same as the
corresponding elements in GLUE 1.2) and modify the TeraGrid information
providers to provide this information.
2.  We could create schema extensions as above, but provide this
information only for non-TeraGrid resources (that is, anyone looking at
any information system, including TeraGrid's, would see AuthVO and
Software information for NAREGI and EGEE resources but not for TeraGrid
resources).

It would be good to nail down the requirements and choose between these
courses of action fairly soon.

                -- Laura