[gin-info] Possible list of subset data for info interop

Jennifer M. Schopf jms at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 24 09:44:27 CST 2006

Hello-

    At the grid interop session in GGF i said i'd circulate a document
describing the TeraGrid deployment of MDS4 which included a possible
starting point of a list of attributes that we could ask resources to
advertise. The document is attached (any comments or interest in having
your own MDS4 deployment let me know!)  The (possible) minimal list of
attributes is:

Queue Data:
Queue name
Unique queue ID
GRAM version
GRAM host name
GRAM port/url
LRMS type
LRMS version
Total CPUs
Free CPUs
Queue status
Total jobs
Running jobs
Waiting jobs
Policy – max wall clock time
Policy – max CPU time
Policy – max total jobs
Policy – max running jobs

cluster/subcluster data:
Type (cluster/Subcluster)
Cluster/subcluster Name
cluster/subcluster Unique ID
Processor type
Processor speed
Total memory
Operating system
SMP size
Total nodes
Storage device name
Storage device size
Storage device available space

Host data
Host Name
Host Unique ID
Node properties

Note that about 95% of this is currently available as mapped into the GLUE
schema, there are a couple additions that aren't (total nodes and node
properties, maybe one other, not sure).

  -jen

Dr. Jennifer M. Schopf
Scientist                              eInfrastructure Policy Advisor
Distributed Systems Lab       National eScience Centre and JISC
Argonne National Laboratory  The University of Edinburgh
jms at mcs.anl.gov                 jms at nesc.ac.uk
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~jms http://homepages.nesc.ac.uk/~jms