[gin-info] EGEE - NAREGI interoperation meeting

Yuji Saeki ysaeki at grid.nii.ac.jp
Wed Apr 19 03:01:39 CDT 2006

Dear all,

 I make a brief report on EGEE - NAREGI interoperation meeting held last
month
as a part of GIN efforts. We discussed the ways to realize the
interoperation in terms of
security, data, job and information in the meeting. As for information
service interoperation
between EGEE BDII and NAREGI Information Service, we agreed with going
forward with the
following steps.
1. Assess GLUE-CIM translation (EGEE & NAREGI)
2. write translator from CIM to GLUE (EGEE with NAREGI)
3. write translator from GLUE to CIM (NAREGI with EGEE)
4. set up a BDII representing NAREGI (EGEE)
5. set up a NAREGI IS representing OSG/EGEE/ARC (NAREGI)
BDII has already had interoperability in OSG, EGEE and Nordu Grid, so
the translators would
work effetctively for NAREGI.

 In terms of minimal common attributes exchanged in these information
services,
I assume following attributes about service, software, queue and
host/cluster;
(1) Service {type, version, host, port, path, URI, status,
VO/group/role}
(2) Software {package name, version, description}
(3) Queue {name, number of CPUs, status, number of running/waiting jobs,
VO/group/role}
     Policy {max wall time, max CPU time, max number of total/running
jobs}
(4) Cluster {type, name, number of nodes},
     Storage { name, type, size, available space},
     Host {name, processor type, processor speed, total memory, SMP
size}

Yuji Saeki